Things easily get out of hand!
- Dodgy comments or rumours on KIK?
- Offensive images that are shared or sent around on Snapchat?
- Ugly language in games?
- Conversations that are derailed with threats of violence as a result
- How are things being saved and what imprints do we leave behind us on the net?
- What are the laws saying?
During this student lecture, we illustrate what abusive treatment is, bullying on social media and what the law says. We intersperse information and facts with authentic events in a way that creates reflection and thoughts on what is happening on social media.
We also highlight what the user agreements on different platforms says, what you actually agree on when you click “I agree” and how things can remain on the network even though it has been deleted.
For us it is important that we not just come out and gives a lecture and then “over and out”. Our idea is to work with this long-term. When booking lectures, we also include specific tools, documentation and a structure for how to work when we leave.
Example of what consists ;
- Lesson suggestions
- Valuation exercises
- Discussion materials
- Follow-up material
- Possibility to ask questions retrospectively
The lecture is for students and can be divided into the following grades 3-4, 4-6, 7-9 or high school with focus on the oldest students in the group.